Found in the municipality of Xochitepec in Morelos, this church was built by the Franciscans during the XVI century in 1529. At the beginning it was only a small chapel but it grew throughout the time until it became a neoclassic convent due to the high demand of priests and students visiting the place in the XVIII century. The small chapel was left on the south side and the convent on the north one.
The vault construction was finished in 1881.
Inside the church there are six columns holding the ceiling and in each one there are statues of Saints. On the right side there is a conopial arch shaped entrance.
It is believed that this church was built in honor to Saint John, because the Franciscans based their ideology in his writings on the Bible.